Tuesday, June 28, 2011

If I Wasn't Breastfeeding....

If I was not breast feeding I would chug a tall drink right now! I have nothing in life to complain about but today has been one of those silly days.

It started at two am this morning. I got up to pee and I hear, " wild thing you make my heart sing you make everything groovy. Wild thing" over and over. I go searching through Owens toy basket looking for that adorable lion his grandpa got for him on Valentines Day. The lion is dancing around under a blanket so he is not hard to spot. Here I am half asleep searching for the off button, there must be an off button, right? I got tired of searching for one, so I just gave the thing a good smack and it shut up. I wander back to bed and get all comfy. I'm about to drift off and I hear, " wild thing you make my heart sing you make everything groovy. Wild thing".

Now I am annoyed. I trudge back to the cute and adorable lion and once again search for the off button. Well, there isn't one so the lion and I go on a hunt for a screwdriver at two am.

I find the screw driver and begin trying to unscrew the singing and dancing lion. The screw will not turn, no matter how hard I try. I am very angry at this point and remind myself to send grandpa a thank you note in the morning for this gift.

Nothing is working to shut this thing off so I toss him in the mud room and shut the door. Then it stops singing.... Finally. After I get back into bed I hear, "wild thing you make my heart sing you make everything groooovy. Wild thing.". I stomp out of bed, slam the door and turn the fan on high.

I won't even yell you what I heard first thing this morning. Luckily Uncle Dan was here today and he was able to unscrew it and save me from the lion.

So that was my morning. Today was funny too. I moved everything off the carpet in the loving room to steam clean the floors. It worked great and the carpet looks awesome and white. Since the floor was wet and the kitchen area was packed with furniture, I decided to go visit great grandparents. I took tons of pictures while visiting and had a great afternoon. I went to check out all of the pictures and realized I accidentally deleted the entire disk. There is a way to save all of the pictures but it's going to take a while. That was crappy. Speaking of crap. You know those white carpets I was just talking about? When I got back home about four hours after leaving, there was a large pile of crap in the middle of my newly shampooed and white living room carpet! Yes. Awesome. I love my dogs.

I guess they don't appreciate a clean house. At least we are all healthy! Here's to a great week!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my. I threw a Fisher Price singing turtle out in the backyard two nights ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha they are nuts!! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahahaha! I was seriously laughing out loud! I would have thrown it in the street after the second try! lol
    p.s-thanks for your comment on my blog! I am your newest follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following Etosia!

    ReplyDelete