Monday, June 20, 2011

Wonderful Weekend Wanderings....

Wander through my weekend with me...won't you?

Every Saturday morning I wake up and lay in  bed, playing a little slide-show in my head about what I hope the weekend looks like.  There's little birdies chirping and there's pretty colors and smiling faces. *cut to the noise of the scratching record* Instead the reality is poop in the pool and our first projectile vomiting.

Our Saturday morning started out with bug playing on the couch and watching cartoons with Daddy, while I slaved in the kitchen.  We had sausage and eggs mixed up and melted with shredded cheese...mmmmmmmm.

Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls ain't got nothin' on me!

Next we went outside and watched Daddy run the weed-whacker because that is more fun than doing any of the other things that Momma tried to do!  Bug is mesmerised by the weed-whacker, lawn mower, tractor...you name it...he loves it!

After nap time I plopped bug in his little pool outside, with a cute little swim diap on his tush.  The pool is white, it is actually what was his little bath tub as a newborn.  While splashing along in the water with all of his toys, this conversation occurred:

Hubs: He looks like he's having fun, but I think the water is too warm.
Me: Nah, it's fine, if it's too cool then he gets chilly quick being outside.
Me: Huh, but the water looks like it's not very clear...kinda looks yellowish.....

I then get up to check out the water a little more closely and notice some yellow sludge like stuff coming out the back of bug's diaper.  I then proclaim to hubs that YES there's poop coming out of his diaper!
I sweep him up out of the water and proceed to scrub him down and his bath and his toys....this made for a fun afternoon, I couldn't stop laughing.  I can't imagine the mess had I let him go commando like I always do. 

I found a yummy treat while blog hopping and decided to try it out....however I can not find the lovely blog that I found it on.  Maybe you remember reading about it?  So simple, you smash up Oreo Cookie and mix in a package of cream cheese then roll that into little balls.  Then, you smash it between two pretzels and drizzle some chocolate on top.  Ta-Da...so simple and so yummy!  This was fun to make with bug because he loved smashing the baggie of Oreo's for me.

Later that day, my in-laws came to visit.  I LOVE them..seriously love them.  They are the greatest and we always have so much fun together. We hung out outside and just visited and bug got to sit on the tractor.
After dark, I took off to mom's with bug for a little camp fire and s'mores with my brother's (I have three younger ones) and friends.




Sunday morning came, Father's Day!  French Toast for breakfast...yum!  We headed up to hubs mom and dads house to spend time with his brother and their three little ones...all under the age of four.  We went to Home-Depot and bought Daddy a new grill for his gift.  Now I can try lots of new creations on a new grill, I'm so excited.  Now I just have to learn how to turn it on without blowing myself up, I don't know WHY  but that always freaks me out! 

After buying the grill we returned back to the in-laws because bug had not napped at all that day, and it was 3:30.  He us usually on his second or third nap by this time, but he was in a good mood!  After a nice two hour nap with momma, it was time to play with the screamies...that's what we call the cousins.  All of the kids were dressed so nicely that I said, "HEY!  We need to get a group shot of them all."  So here's the beautiful bench in the back yard by the coy pond where this event took place.  It was not a disaster, as one might expect getting four kids to look at the camera at the same time might be.  This never happened, they all looked every which way and tried to crawl over top of the bench.  I'm sure you'd rather see a picture of the four lovelies and not just a picture of the bench, but that's for a whole other post, why I can't post their faces on this blog.  Oiy.....
Finally, in the evening, we took all the screamies and bug to a nice restaurant for dinner.  They were all very well behaved and we had a great time.  Bug ate my french toast with fresh berries and tried sips of his dad's Pepsi...shame on us, I know. 

Isn't is funny how when a you bring four kids under the age of four to a nice place, they stick your table as far away from the other people as possible?  It was pretty funny and I didn't mind.  I am proud of how they behaved this time around.  Later we went outside and played on the swings that they have out front and watched the swans on the pond.  It's a very nice place with a country type decor and I hope to go back soon.  Here is a picture I took of a sign hanging on the wall there, I'm going to pin it on pinterest and try to make one myself. 





Oh wait, you still want to hear about the projectile vom incident?  Okay...Bug fussed the whole way home, even with a movie playing for him.  We had about 15 minutes left in our trip home and he was screaming louder than teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert, seriously.  So, what is a mom to do?  Why, whip out your boob, lean over his car seat, and give the boy what he wants.  This was my first time EVER doing this and let me tell you, it was weird.  I would rather have the uncomfortable ride home with the car seat jabbing me in the ribs than listen to him scream.  What an experience that was, just another one to add to the books!

Anyways, he is finally lulled to sleep and we pull into the driway.  Wait, the car just stopped? Que wide eyes.  I haul bug out of his seat and into bed, where I try nursing him back to sleep.  This starts a screaming fit again and I am confused at the problem.  Sometimes he likes to lay across my belly and nurse so we try that, nope, not having it.  I sit him up and blaaahhhhhhhhh come a gallon of breast milk, french toast, berries, and Pepsi.  *I hope you're not eating anything right now.*
I scream for hubs to get up there and help me.  Bug is feeling better now and is all smiles as I sit in his vom.  It is all pretty funny and I laugh at this first time experience as I strip off my clothes and strip the sheets off the bed.  I walk into the bathroom to clean off and bug is sitting in the tub splashing in the water with a big ole grin on his face.  What a weekend!  One and done sounded good to me after that night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment